Welcome to the 2013 MCES Lecture Series
For almost 20 years, MCES has provided an annual Community Lecture Series. The lectures are intended to decrease the stigma of mental illness, to promote the understanding of what behavioral health has to offer and to promote personal growth.
You can click on a link below for a full description of a lecture or to register. For questions on the series, please call Cate Murray at 610-279-6100.
Norristown State Hospital staff should contact Cate for registration instructions.
More information will be posted shortly on the following lectures
- Addicted: Who Me?
September 12, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 302 – The Law – How You Can Access the Process in Montgomery County
October 10, 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Preventing Imminent Dangerousness in Behavioral Health
October 10, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Reshaping The Brain and Emotional Intelligence
October 17, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Facts and Myths About Violence and Mental Illness
October 24, 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Understanding Anxiety
October 24, 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- The Rise of the Phoenix: Coping With Burnout
November 7, 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Culture, Delusions and Illusions
November 14, 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Understanding Spirituality as Part of the Healing Process
November 14, 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
APA (Psychologists, Nurses, Social Workers, Clinical Social Workers) Norristown State Hospital Psychology Containing Education Program for Psychologist is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Norristown State Hospital Continuing Education Program for Psychologists maintains responsibility for these APA approved programs and their content.
- Nurses - MCES is a PA Department of Health approved/licensed hospital, which recognizes APA approved credits for professional nurses per Section 21.134 of the PA Code.
- Licensed Social Workers - MCES is recognized by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Processional Counselors which recognizes APA approved credits for social workers and clinical social workers per Section 47.36 of the PA Code.