- Rocio Nell, M.D., C.P.E.; Chief Executive Officer/Medical Director
Dr. Nell is a board certified psychiatrist and a Certified Physician Executive.
In addition to her administrative duties, Dr. Nell is a forensic consultant to the
courts and provides outpatient services, mostly to those with special needs,
such as the developmentally disabled with mental illness. She has been recognized
on two occasions by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill as an
- William Myers, Chief Operating Officer
Bill has been with MCES since 1991. After eight years of clinical experience, he received his MBA in Healthcare Administration. He now oversees all fiscal and operational functions of the hospital. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the MAX Association and is president of the Pennsylvania Association of Psychiatric Health Systems.
- Debbie Shanley;Administrative Assistant/Director of Medical Records/Compliance Officer Debbie has worked at MCES for 26 years with the majority of the time in administrative areas. She coordinates requests from the Montgomery County Courts and private attorneys for competency evaluations. She participates in the Co-Occurring Competency Workgroup lead by Montgomery County Department of BH/DD and Magellan Behavioral Health. She has experience in the clinical aspect of the hospital as well formerly working as a psych tech/ambulance psych tech. She oversees the Reception and Medical Records staff.
- Anthony Salvatore, M.A.; Director of Development
Tony is the chairperson of the MCES Suicide Prevention Team, develops
all MCES suicide prevention materials and is a member of the Montgomery County
Suicide Prevention Work Group. He has authored several articles on suicide. Tony also manages development and communications activity for MCES.
- Donald Kline, Ph.D.; Community Outreach/Criminal Justice Director
Dr. Kline has been with MCES for 25 years and currently directs the Mobile Crisis
Intervention Service, Case Management, Transition Specialists, Forensic Services,
Justice Related Services and Community Peer Specialists. He is an Adjunct
Professor at Montgomery County Community College and has certifications in
Municipal Police Officers’ Education & Training Commission, Crisis Negotiations
U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Crisis Prevention
Institute, Aging and Adult Protective Services, Critical Incident Stress
Debriefing, and Disaster Crisis Outreach & Referral Team.
- Michelle Monzo, B.S.; Forensic Diversion Education Specialist
Michelle trains police and other criminal justice personnel in mental health
and crisis intervention techniques and works with consumers involved in the
criminal justice system and their families. She is also a member of the mobile crisis
- Paul DeMarco, R.N., B.S.N.; Montgomery County Commitment
Director & Montgomery County Mental Health Chief Delegate
Paul is a Registered Nurse with over 18 years experience at MCES,
mostly in the Crisis Intervention & Commitment Office. He has been authorized
by the Montgomery County Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental
Disabilities to oversee the initial stages of the commitment process.
- Ginny Graves, R.N., B.S.; Risk Manager
Ginny has been with MCES for over 30 years, much of which she served as the Assistant Director of Nursing. Her unquestionable commitment to MCES and those we treat is reflected in her role as Risk Manager, Safety officer and Patient Safety officer. She also provides guidance to our Allied Therapy and Ambulance Departments.
- Naomi Finkel, R.N.; Nurse Manager
Naomi has been with MCES for the last 30 years where she has continually demonstrated her commitment to the care of those who suffer from mental illness. She has worked in the field of Clinical Research with the Arthur P. Noyes Research Foundation and was published for her work in the journal, Early Intervention in Psychiatry.
- John Fulford, MHS; System Development Specialist/Crisis Intervention
John has 25 years in the behavioral health field and has experience working directly with the courts as a consultant, concentrating on competency related cases and in the diversion of the mentally ill. He is also a member of the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team and provides training in crisis intervention. John received the 2011 Criminal Justice Award for his efforts on behalf of persons with mental illness and their families.
- Julie Peticca, B. S.; Crisis Director
- Kathy Burns, R.N.; Assistant Director Forensic Services
Ms. Burns is a Registered Nurse specializing in jail diversion for individuals with mental health problems who have criminal justice involvement. She is a member of the Mobile Medical Crisis Intervention team, and a Certified Aging and Adult Protective Service Worker, helping the elderly who are abused, neglected and/or exploited. Ms. Burns is actively involved with the Montgomery County Behavioral Health Court Program as part of MCES Justice Related Services (JRS). She is a member of the Advisory Committee for the Community Advocates of Montgomery County.
- Joe Stephey, B.A.; Assistant Director Community Services/Transitional Specialist