Criminal Justice Support Services
Our criminal justice services include:
- Advocacy: We assist individuals in dealing with the criminal justice and legal system. We promote outcomes that will benefit their mental health.
- Psychiatric Services in Montgomery County Correctional Facility: We provide 24-hour availability for the Montgomery County Correctional Facility in Eagleville. Our services include psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring, forensic liaison and forensic transition. We provide a forensic social worker and clinical psychologist to the facility and train correctional officers and social workers to work with individuals in need.
- Consultation and Assistance to the Legal System: We conduct competency evaluations, assess treatment needs and testify in court, when needed. We also provide follow up services and case management.
- Community Education Programs: We developed the country’s first training program to assist law enforcement personnel in working with individuals in crisis. Our three-day crisis intervention school attracts law enforcement from throughout the region. We regularly provide customized training programs for organizations and have developed referral manuals for the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas and hospital emergency rooms.
- Video Services: MCES has introduced video capabilities to address criminal issues for those currently in treatment. It is the first of its kind to be used within a behavioral health treatment facility dealing directly with the criminal courts. This equipment allows treatment to continue without interruption, decreases patient and law enforcement contact and allows officers to stay within their community. It promotes a safe and secure environment decreasing a person's anxiety at the same time moving the court process along decreasing delays.